How to create User experience storyboards
User Experience Storyboards are an essential element in design planning. Before a designer starts a prototype it is essential that the primary feature sets are analyzed from the perspective of a use scenario. When engaged in a process not all users behave the same, so creating different scenarios and diagramming the user behavior in the form of a primitive storyboard will help the designer anticipate interface design needs.
The example above is of a trading card configuration module that was designed as part of a social media campaign for a food product oriented towards children.
The User Process is customizable trading card configuration. The User Scenario is to create a unique trading card. In the provided scenario the following steps must be followed.
- choose a background image
- select a character body
- pick the characters facial expression
- chose to change the facial expression (users choice)
- confirm trading card completion
- decide to share results
- share results by entering First Last and email
- receive confirmation of email sent and prompt to build a new card.
I hope you enjoy user experience storyboards. Its a quick way to sketch out the needs of a user interface and guarantee a quality user experience.